When remodeling, clearing out your property, or simply getting rid of waste, renting a dumpster is indeed a great option. However, how do you know which size is best for your project?
The size of the dumpster you rent is determined by the amount of waste you need to dispose of. Fortunately, dumpster rental sizes vary little from one firm to the next. When deciding on a dumpster size, the most challenging element is estimating how much space you’ll need. We’ll go over how to figure out what size dumpster you’ll need so you can move on to the next step.
10 Yard Dumpster
Although there is no perfect method for selecting trash sizes, a 10-yard dumpster may suit more minor household cleanup projects. What can you throw away in a 10-yard dumpster?
● Quick clean out – small to large basement, garage, or attic
● Approximately a 250 square feet deck removal
● About 1,500 square feet of shingles (single layer)
● Small kitchen renovation
● Small bathroom renovation
15 Cubic Yard Roll-off Dumpster
A medium-sized dumpster carries 15 cubic yards of junk and is ideal for larger tasks when a full-size dumpster is too big.
● Single room renovation
● Flooring or carpet removal
● Larger roof or deck removal projects
● Garage/attic cleanup
20 Yard Dumpster
One of our most popular trash rental sizes is the 20-yard container. This is because they can carry a lot of trash and are less expensive than larger dumpsters. Our 20-yard dumpster can hold the equivalent of six pick-up truckloads of junk. The following are some examples of common uses for our 20-yard dumpster:
● Massive cleanouts – such as full house cleanouts when moving
● Carpet/Flooring removal for larger homes
● Deck removals with a larger footprint (300 to 400 square feet)
● Single-layer roof shingle removal on a larger scale (2,500 to 3,000 square feet)
● Interior improvements for larger homes
● Large-scale landscaping projects
Complete residential cleanouts, major home remodeling projects, new home development, and commercial remodeling or construction projects may benefit from a 30-yard dumpster. This big dumpster can store nine pickup truck loads of trash.
● A large home expansion or remodeling project
● Building a new home
● Deconstruction of a garage
● Replacement of all windows and siding on your home (small- to medium-size house)
40 Yard Dumpster
A 40-yard dumpster has a capacity of 40 cubic yards. Again, dumpster sizes and dimensions vary, but a 40-yard container’s average measurements are 22 feet long, 8 feet wide, and 8 feet high. Extensive home renovations, commercial cleanups, and industrial uses benefit from a 40-yard dumpster.
● Roof/deck removal for larger properties
● Commercial property cleanup
● Debris, rubbish, paper, or cardboard in large quantities
How to Estimate Dumpster Size?
With a basic estimate of your garbage volume, our representatives will assist you in selecting the most suitable size dumpster. However, keep in mind that the contents of trash will not always fall completely flat. Bulky goods may take up more room than you think, so if you’re choosing between two sizes, go for the larger one. It’s preferable to have too much space than too little.
Another method for determining the size of the dumpster you’ll need is to measure the available space. The height clearance on larger roll-off dumpsters can be up to 8 feet, so keep that in mind.
Dumpster Rental in Frisco, Texas
You can rely on Dumpster Rental Frisco, TX, for your commercial and residential dumpster needs. We cover the Frisco, Texas area, guaranteeing that we continuously provide safe, reliable dumpster services to keep your cleanup, remodeling, or building projects on track. You won’t have to drive to the dump with us because we will drop off and collect up at your convenience. Call our friendly experts at Dumpster Rental Frisco, Texas, to learn more about our options.